Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wednesday, 7 July 2010

Just a personal note: today is the 31st anniversary of my ordination to the ministry of the Word and Sacrament. Our presbytery delegation gathered for a breakfast this morning, and they presented me with a beautiful olive wood celtic cross. Along with it was a card that, among other sentiments, expressed both love and appreciation for my service as your Executive Presbyter and Stated Clerk.

I will treasure them both, but even more, I treasure the opportunity to serve the Presbytery of St. Augustine. As I talk with my colleagues in other presbyteries, I am often struck at the tensions and divisions they face. We have every bit the diversity of other presbyteries, but almost none of the rancor that seems to characterize their internal relationships. I am deeply grateful for that, and it makes serving in your midst a pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment